If you are dealing with blocked toilets in Bournemouth, you’re not alone. Many homeowners experience a clogged toilet on occasion. Here are the top reasons your toilet could be clogged, and some tips on how to prevent them from occurring in the future.
1) Too much toilet paper: Even brands that boast being environmentally friendly can cause a toilet to clog. Solution: Try purchasing 1-ply toilet paper and cut down on the amount you use. Teach your kids to do the same:
2) Flushing non-flushable items: Baby wipes, paper towels, Kleenex, cigarette butts, diapers and feminine hygiene products should be disposed of in the garbage, not flushed down the toilet. These do not dissolve in water, and can easily cause a clog. Solution: Don’t flush these items, put them in the garbage.
3) Waste accumulation: Over time, waste can accumulate and cause a clog in the curved part of the pipe, because it can easily become obstructed. This is especially problematic if you are flushing heavier items such as cotton balls, paper towels or other heavy items. Solution: Be careful of the items you are flushing down the toilet, and consider using drain cleaner once a month to clear out any potential clogs.
4) Tree Roots: If you have mature trees near your sewer or septic, the roots may have wound their way around and through your pipes, causing the pipes to back up. This can be a major source of trouble for all the drains in your home. Solution: This requires professional assistance.
5) Is the loo your child’s play room? Many toddlers are fascinated by the whooshing sound and movement of the water going down toilet. They may try flushing toys and other items to see them ‘disappear’. Solution: keep the toilet seat down, or install childproof toilet seat locks.
If you have blocked toilets in Bournemouth and need assistance, don’t hesitate to call a professional. Visit Canforddrains.co.uk for more information.