Your home is your biggest investment; that’s why you should do everything you can to protect it. Not only will it prevent you from losing money, but it will make you and your family safer and healthier. Dampness can lead to serious health issues, like asthma and other breathing problems. Finding a damp proofing in Glasgow company will help keep your home dry and safe. Here are just a few benefits of investing in this professional service:
* Damp proofing is an ideal way to keep it in top working order. It helps your home stay in excellent condition year after year.
* Helps get rid of excess bacteria and mildew; the presence of these substances can lead to serious health conditions like bronchitis and asthma.
* Damp proofing not only prevents moisture from seeping into the walls but can help get rid of residual moisture.
* It will help keep your paint and plaster in superior condition.
* You’ll save money on your heating bills, as dampness can create a cold atmosphere inside your home
* Wet rot can occur as a result of dampness, which can cause structural failure to your home
While the exact process may differ from company to company, generally this is what you can expect:
* Holes are drilled into the old plaster at the base of each level of your home
* The holes are injected with a chemical to allow for complete absorption
* The holes are then closed and filled with plaster so that the chemical doesn’t seep out of the walls
* Once enough plaster has been applied, it needs time to dry
* The walls can be repainted once the plaster has set
Damp proofing in Glasgow and other areas will help your home stay as solid and pristine as the day you bought it. A qualified technician can come to your home for a consultation and no-obligation quote. For more information, visit Richardsonandstarling.co.uk.